Michael P. Stanton, CFP®
After over 30 years providing financial services and guidance to business owners, individuals and families through a major bank in Chicago, I have started my own fee-only financial planning business. Stanton Financial Planning, LLC is dedicated to providing individuals and business owners with what they are looking for most - a trusted, objective advisor with no products to sell or hidden agendas. I do what’s best for the client – not what is best for some salesperson.
As a member of the Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP), I am proud to apply the time-tested approach developed through the collective wisdom of its membership: a core group of highly credentialed and experienced financial planners who support each other professionally. Among their numbers, ACP members count CPA, CFA, CFP, PhD and Attorneys, including practice experts across the spectrum of the financial planning process.
I received my BA from University of Illinois, Urbana, and a Masters in Business Administration from Roosevelt University in Chicago.
I am very involved in my community, having recently co-chaired the successful Beverly Arts Center Challenge, which reduced the local Art Center’s debt from $4.3 million to $1.0 million. I have also served as President of the Beverly Area Planning Association (BAPA) and am currently chair of its Development Committee.
While not all of facets of my financial future are worry-free (four kids, two in college, two out; my wife, who teaches high school, and a dog!) I would welcome the opportunity to show you how I can help you with your financial future!
Check the background of this firm on FINRA's BrokerCheck.
OUR PLEDGE TO YOU:
- Holistic in outlook - I will consider all of your circumstances, family needs, goals, values, and aspirations when making recommendations.
- Professional in conduct - I will protect your privacy. I will strive to maintain the highest ethical standards possible in my work and life. I will continually enhance my skills and credentials through continuing education, and I will refer you to other professionals when you need help in an area outside my expertise.
- Educational in nature - I will guide you through your options and explain them clearly to help you make the best choices. I will always take the time to make sure you understand my advice.
- Independent in compensation - I will never sell you a product or service other than holistic financial planning nor will I take a commission or a referral fee from another professional. You will receive objective, unbiased advice from me.
- Committed to your success - Holistic financial planning is a process, not an event, and I commit to adjusting your plan as your life goals change.
Stanton Financial Planning is an Illinois registered investment advisor. SFP’s website is limited to the dissemination of general information pertaining to its investment advisory services. It is for informational purposes only and so should not be construed by a consumer and/or prospective client as a solicitation to effect, or attempt to effect transactions in securities, or the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation, over the Internet.
Form ADV Part 2A, which discusses SFP’s business operations, services, and fees is available here. SFP does not guarantee performance and any investment may lose value. Always review the prospectus of each investment.